Monday, June 6, 2011

Let the Fun Begin!

With the nicer weather we've been having the last couple of weeks, we've been enjoying lots of time outside in the sunshine. I love it, and so do the boys!

They've done lots of swinging, and I couldn't resist getting a picture of all 3 boys in swings at the same time. Jake's still a little small, but he loves swinging gently.


We have also filled up the pool a couple of times. I made Zach wear a t-shirt on this particular day because he had a strange rash on his trunk and I didn't want to put sunscreen on it. He wasn't thrilled with the idea, but he was a good sport about it.


On Sunday I took all 3 boys to the pool at the club for the first time. Jake didn't care for the water in the little pool because it was too cold, but he enjoyed being in the big pool with me. Drew can touch in the big pool, but the water comes up just above his shoulders, so he's pretty nervous about that. As a result, he spent most of his time on the edge of the pool since I was holding Jake. I felt kinda bad for him, but I also want him to get used to standing on his own when he can. I have a feeling, though, that his swim lesson teacher will have her work cut out for her with Drew later in the summer when lessons start! I was nervous about going on my own with all 3 boys, but overall it was a good experience. Because Jake is still taking short naps, he needs them frequently (like every 2 hours), so I told the boys that if Jake is going with us, we won't be at the pool for long. Probably the biggest pain was getting everybody out of their swimsuits and into dry clothes before Jake lost it due to exhaustion. We didn't follow protocol and instead of going into the locker room to change, I just held a towel around Zach and Drew while they got dressed. I don't think anybody minded, though. Jake looked really cute in his swim trunks, swim shirt, and big hat, but I felt like our time was so valuable that I didn't want to waste a minute of it taking a picture. Now I'm kinda bummed that I didn't, but I guess I'll get one next time.

Now for a tangent. Jake is doing really well with sitting up now. Here are some cute pictures I snapped of him showing off one day last week.



Foudy's always willing to pose for a picture, too. What a good dog.


No comments: