Tuesday, May 10, 2011

5 Months Old

Jake turned 5 months old on the 10th. As I sit and rock with him in the rocking chair in his room, he seems so big to me. It's getting difficult to cradle him in one arm anymore, and it just blows my mind how quickly he is changing. Mike's dad's family says something about newborn babies being "tapioca"- something that was first said when Mike was 13 and his little sister Katherine was just born. I guess because she couldn't do anything, like all newborns, Mike's dad explained to Mike that she was just tapioca. This comparison has come up with each of the boys being newborns, and lately when I've looked at Jake, I've thought, "You're not tapioca anymore!"

I'm sure I won't remember everything I want to say about Jake at 5 months, but I'll give it a shot. He loves to suck his toes and does it quite often. It makes it very difficult to change his diaper or get him dressed.


At his 4 month check-up, the pediatrician said we could start rice cereal. We waited a few weeks and started it last week. Jake did really well. He










1 comment:

Goldenzinns said...

I love the photo with Maggie, the carrots or squash where he really looks like Drew and the last one with those big eyes and lon eyelashes. Can't wait to hold him again!