Friday, June 25, 2010

Four Generations

Last weekend we went to Mike's dad's house to celebrate Father's Day with Kevin, Cynthia, Katherine, Sam, and Mike's Aunt Bonita and Uncle Dennis, Aunt Rozann, and Mike's grandparents. We had a lovely dinner and a nice time, and although Drew was in a terrible mood when we left the house, he actually was pretty good at Grandma and Grandpa's house. I didn't take my camera, but I did use my phone to get this 4 generation picture, which I think I could title "The Case of the Disappearing Hairlines." Mike does still have hair on top, though with the glare in this picture it almost looks like he doesn't. Even though I remember learning that baldness came from your mother's side, it seems this isn't necessarily the case, as noted by Wikipedia:

It was previously believed that baldness was inherited from the maternal grandfather. While there is some basis for this belief, both parents contribute to their offspring's likelihood of hair loss. Most likely, inheritance is technically "autosomal dominant with mixed penetrance." (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baldness)



I'd say if you go off of the evidence in this picture, you can see pretty clearly what Zach and Drew will look like about 30, 55, and 85 years from now.......... very distinguished and handsome!

No comments: