Sunday, December 7, 2008

In Need of an Intervention

Today Mike and Zach decided to go to the tree farm and pick out a Christmas tree, even though it was very cold.  I was on the fence between getting a fake tree and going to Earl May to pick one out.  I love the smell of a real tree, but the pine needles are a pain, and I keep picturing Drew trying to eat them, and now that I'm a little fire-freaked, I'm more worried about the fire hazard a real tree presents.  But, Zach had it in his mind that we would go out and "knife one down," (his words), so we went with it.  Or rather, Mike went with it.  I was more than happy to stay home with Drew while he napped.  So, according to Mike, after being at the tree farm for a little while, Zach said, "Are you having so much fun?"  Mike answered that he was.  About 10 minutes later, Zach said, "Are you still having so much fun?"  Again, Mike answered that he was, and asked Zach if he was still having so much fun.  Zach, a little hesitantly, answered that yes, he was having so much fun.  About 10 more minutes went by, and this time Zach said, "Is it still so much fun for you, Dad?"  Mike said, "Yeah!  Is it for you?"  Zach said, "No, it's not still so much fun."  Then they picked a tree.  A tree that is definitely not a tree I would have picked.  It's not terrible, but it's a little lopsided and much more full than I would have liked.  Oh well.  we've been too busy today to get it decorated, so maybe tomorrow.  Pine cones keep randomly falling off if it, which is interesting.  Never had that happen before.

I think this picture is Zach with our tree.  It could be a random tree they didn't get, but that would be weird.  It looks kind of like our tree, I guess.


Today I did another questionable thing- I went to Costco on a Sunday.  Man, that place is always a zoo on the weekends.  But, for the first time ever, I went in with one thing on my list and bought just that one thing, not for lack of trying, though.  I did look at the toys to see if there was anything good for Drew, but there wasn't.  Then I braved the mall.  I had to park about a mile away, but that was ok.  I was quite proud of myself- I did the Costco stop, the mall, and the grocery store (just for a few items, though) in less than 2 hours from start to finish.  I kept checking my watch as I was leaving the mall because I just couldn't believe it hadn't taken me longer.  Amazing how quickly I can get things done when I'm without a husband and 2 kids!

Just a little bit ago I was sitting down to fold clothes, and Foudy was by me.  Then she left the room, and I figured she was sitting by the front door waiting for Mike to get home from his basketball game.  But then I could hear some weird sounds.  I thought it was Foudy making funny noises, but I wasn't sure.  After hearing some more noises, I decided to check things out.  I walked down the hall to see where Foudy could be, and I found her in the laundry room.  She had somehow gotten the tall laundry basket onto its side and was trying to get out the lone baby sock that was in it.  I don't know how she got it knocked over (it's just mesh), but I know she was trying to get to that sock.  She was a dog in need of a fix, which is why I think we need to stage an intervention.  I should have given her the what-for, just so she would associate getting socks with getting in big trouble, but I didn't even think of it.  I just can't believe she saw that sock in the hamper and was trying to figure out how to get it out.  That little rascal.



No comments: