Monday, February 2, 2009

The Magic of Hungry, Hungry Hippos

Tonight after I got Drew in bed, Zach and I decided to play Hungry, Hungry Hippos.  Mike was playing basketball.  We've had the game since September, and have always been vigilant about making sure all the marbles are put away so that Drew doesn't put one in his mouth and choke on it.  Well, a month or two ago somehow we lost one.  I noticed it right after it went missing, and I searched and searched, but could not find it, which was weird.  I finally gave up looking and hoped that Drew wouldn't find it before me.  So back to tonight.  Zach and I are playing with the 19 marbles we have, and as usual, Zach wanted to be the green and yellow hippos.  So we played the first game, and Homer, the green hippo, got the most marbles.  Just like we always do, Zach counted his marbles first, and then I counted mine.  Amazingly, as I finished counting my marbles, there were suddenly all 20 there!!  Zach and I could not believe this, as we have seriously only had 19 marbles for a few months.  I guess that last one must have been stuck up in one hippo's throat or something, but we've played with 19 marbles multiple times and the 20th has never shown up before, so it's very strange.  

No comments: