Saturday, April 24, 2010

It's Grandpa's Fault

Zach was a little disappointed after his soccer game today because he didn't score any goals and didn't really even get a shot on goal. This was our conversation in the car on the way out of the parking lot:

Zach- "Grandpa didn't even give me any protein today!"
Me- "He didn't?" Smiling to myself.
Zach- "No! Just Grandma did, but just one cheese!"
Me- "Oh, that's too bad." Not really feeling too worried about this, because Zach still confuses
fruits for vegetables and vice versa, so I'm pretty sure he doesn't know what constitutes
protein and what doesn't.
Zach- "Yeah, he didn't give me any protein, and that's why I didn't get any shots today!"
Me- "Well, Zach, I didn't get any shots in my game today, either. Some days it's just like that.
I don't think it's Grandpa's fault."
Zach- "Well, I asked him for some oranges, but - hey, there's my coach!" Case in point about
not knowing what proteins are, I guess.


The funny thing is, and this is just dawning on me, I always have a little protein with my breakfast, either bacon or some almonds or walnuts or something, and this morning, I didn't. I had a lot to get done before leaving for my own game, so I just ate a quick bowl of cereal and got to the stuff I needed to do. I felt kind of weird not getting my protein in, but I didn't stress too much about it. But I didn't have my best game ever, and now I'm wondering if Zach wasn't onto something...

No comments: