Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Last Snowfall (I Hope!)

When I was up around 3 a.m. with Jake last night, I had to do a double-take as I passed my bedroom window. I had no idea it was supposed to snow. The boys were excited about it, though I wasn't thrilled. It actually wasn't that long of a winter here compared to last year, thank goodness. Normally on Tuesdays Drew, Jake, and I go straight to the library after dropping Zach off at school. However, since I am trying to get Jake on more of a napping schedule and he's having more and more trouble falling asleep away from his room, I decided today we'd come home so he could nap, and then hopefully we'd head to the library. Unfortunately, neither thing happened. He was being a real stinker about napping and ended up only napping for a half hour or so in my arms, and we didn't make it to the library at all. But, the morning wasn't a total failure, because one thing Drew really wanted to do was shovel, and he got his wish. He spent a good 30-45 minutes on the deck, shoveling the little bit of snow we had.


And maybe his favorite part- eating his "popiscle" (no, that's not a typo; that's what he calls popsicles) of snow.


Despite being a pain about sleeping all day today, Jake did help me get a couple of cute pictures. The poor kid has such chapped cheeks. I'm trying to be good about getting Aquaphor on them multiple times a day, but the progress is slow-going. I love those big blue eyes, though.


I'm still struggling to get a good smiling picture of Jake. The pre-flash flash on the camera always makes him furrow his brow. This is the best I could do today- notice the obligatory drool about to drop from his chin.


Last night's sleep wasn't as great, but it wasn't horrible, either. I was up a few times, but never for an hour or an hour and a half at a time, thankfully. And we have been trying so hard to get Jake to take a bottle, and we feel like we're having just a little success these last couple of times. We've tried a bottle the last 4 days in a row (twice on Sunday), and the last three times, he's taken .5 oz., 1 oz., and 2 oz. respectively. Yay! There might be hope yet.

By the way, if you find any spelling errors, it's not my fault. For some reason spell-check isn't working for me, and I'm not motivated at all to go back and proofread.

1 comment:

zinncaulfield said...

Cute pics. I think I have a similar pic of Myles in that shirt! Glad you're getting some use of the clothes!