Thursday, October 16, 2008

And Defeats

After blogging about Zach's small victory of getting up in the middle of the night to potty all by himself, we had a small setback last night.  I was awakened at 1:30 when Zach came into our room and said to me, "Mom, my shorts are wet."  So Mike and I both got up and I quickly changed the sheets on Zach's bed while Mike helped Zach go potty and get changed.  Bummer.  To Zach's credit, the spot on his bed was small, and he did have to go more, so he must have been able to stop himself.  Thank goodness we bought a really good mattress cover when we got his big boy bed, because the mattress was not wet at all.  Zach's bed is a total pain to make because it's pushed up in the corner of his room and has a mesh safety railing on one side, so it's tough to get the sheets on without moving the bed.  At 1:30 in the morning I didn't really care how well it was made, so I just basically threw the sheets on and called it good.  I'm going to have to remake it anyway, after I wash the mattress pad today.  

I thought I'd have another defeat to write about when I woke up this morning.  First I heard Drew awake at 5 a.m.  Thankfully, he got himself back to sleep.  Then I woke up a few minutes before my alarm and could hear him talking.  This was at about 6:10.  Very amazingly, he went back to sleep and is still asleep now, and it's 7:22.  At this point, I want him to wake up, and I may go get him up.  I am certain this will happen on Saturday, when Mike and I are set to go to the Iowa game.  I don't want to leave the house until I've fed Drew, and Mike wants to leave by about 7 a.m.  Just wait- Saturday will be the day he sleeps until 7:30.  Actually, it probably won't, because Mike will make sure we wake him up before that, I bet.

No comments: