Thursday, October 9, 2008

A Mad Little Zach

Zach and I got into a bit of a tiff today.  He needed to potty, and I'm trying to get him to be more independent about that, getting his own pants down and up.  He could not get the snap on his jeans done, and he really had to go.  I felt like he wasn't trying very hard, and he was telling me he wasn't going to do it.  We both got more and more frustrated with each other.  Finally he got his pants down without unsnapping them, and went into the bathroom crying.  While I stormed off to take some deep breaths.  I came back downstairs and could hear him in the bathroom saying to himself, "I'm not gonna talk to her!  I'm not gonna talk to her!  That made me mad, mad, MAD!  I'm not gonna talk to her!"  I chuckled to myself a little bit, and went into the bathroom.  Then Zach said, "Just leave me alone in here.  I'm not gonna talk to ya."  Of course, as soon as I said I was sorry for getting so mad he lost it and started bawling and saying, "We're just not having a good day!"  That made me feel bad, but it was so cute to hear him being so mad at me.  He sounded so old, and I wonder where he got the idea that he wasn't going to talk to me because he was mad.   Later on he randomly said he was sorry that we fought earlier about going potty.  It's so interesting to see his private thoughts evolving. 

1 comment:

zinncaulfield said...

Zach sounds a lot like his mom! :)